DreamHost is one of the biggest web hosting service providers. It has earned its place among the bigwigs of the industry because it has been there since the beginning of the business. It was started in 1996 and is hosting and domain registrar that has its headquarters in Los Angeles. They actually started off as a file hosting company with different packages of products and services related to file hosting. With the gradual change in the Internet and the way things work, website hosting became the biggest goldmine and therefore DreamHost also started concentrating on web hosting packages. DreamHost is also known as the New Dream Network, LLC. Along with their file hosting, DreamHost also started off in the free web application hosting business by making use of technology like WordPress and MediaWiki.
Dreamhost is one of the ultimate in the web hosting business because it has some outstanding features that helps it compete with other competitors and also it offers a long list of services due to which they have a large number of clients. There is shared hosting, virtual private server or VPS, as well as WordPress. A word of caution here, though, the dream host may seem quite complicated for anyone who is just venturing into the business because it has tools that generally encourage expert Webmasters. It also does not handhold clients which makes it very difficult for newcomers to figure out how to go about their way.
– The first package that we will talk about is the shared web hosting package that DreamHost offers. It generally comes at the cost of 10.95 US dollars for a month and if the user apps for a 12-month plan directly then there is a discount which makes the monthly rate come down to 9.95 USD. At this rate, unlimited storage space, domains, email add data transfers are made available. An added advantage is that DreamHost offers the first domain for free to new customers. This is not a very particularly commonplace occurrence as most of the big companies do not offer any free domains at all at such low prices.
– Next, we have the VPS or the virtual private server hosting. This package is Linux based and starts at 15 USD per month. This package is also generally selected by big businesses who have large incoming traffic and huge data volumes that are transferred throughout the month. Like the shared hosting package the VPS plan also offers unlimited storage, email, and data transfers.
– Then there is the dedicated web hosting package which is actually quite expensive because they start from a whopping 169 USD per month. It offers Limited storage of 1TB but you get unlimited data transfers. A very disadvantageous fact that DreamHost has is that it is not Windows based, which in turn, puts off many people because it is Linux based and most people are not used to it.
– WordPress hosting in DreamHost is referred to as DreamPress 2 and it starts at a cost of 19.95 USD per month. This is managed WordPress hosting in DreamHost and as the name suggests, this service is the one that automatically keeps your website running even if you do not have the time to manage it. It performs daily tasks and updations to the content management system, performs data backups and also keeps on scanning the website for security issues. It comes with 30 GB of storage and unlimited data transfer and email. DreamHost also throws in a couple of free WordPress themes to make the package attractive. This is one of the best managed WordPress services that is available worldwide because the DreamPress 2 is very efficient and flexible at the same time. It offers users the ability to install any necessary plugins and it also advises you about plugins that could restrict a site’s performance.
– The email service is also at par with all the other big hosting company services with unlimited email accounts on offer. However, like all other services DreamHost also keeps tabs on what user does with the email accounts and if it found that they are being used for spamming it could result in DreamHost closing your account and blacklisting you. The email tool of the service is really powerful and helps users create email addresses, announcement lists, message filters as well as discussion lists without breaking a sweat.
– If you are planning to sell a product via e-marketing and eCommerce, DreamHost is a very useful and effective partner. There is DreamHost’s ZenCart which gives you a free but very popular platform to advertise your products. It also helps you monitor your site from all aspects through its software called Chartbeat.
So let us now move on to the features that DreamHost offers and to the user experience that one might anticipate while using DreamHost. It is a very uncomfortable thing to start off with the negatives but the building of a test site is very tedious and time taking in DreamHost.
- – Keeping that aside, the user interface of DreamHost is really simple and precise. It is well laid out with the menu of options at the very left of the screen. Billing options, as well as, the management of domains is very easy to find. All in all, it is very easy to navigate within DreamHost software but the difficulty is that this service does not offer a website builder and it might get pretty intermediate in for newcomers. Users have to install a third-party software in order to build a site on DreamHost.
- – The uptime of DreamHost is quite solid and stable, which is in line with the company’s advertisements.
- – The customer service of DreamHost is based on emails and a ticketing service. Incredibly, there is no phone support. The chat support makes up, though.
- – The money-back guarantee in DreamHost is surprisingly awesome because a user can cancel the service within a time gap of 97 days since the initial sign up and get a refund.
So there you have it; everything there is to know about DreamHost and the kind of service that it offers along with its packages. If it seems to be very expensive for you, then you can try the DreamHost coupon codes that abundantly available on the Internet.